During the last financial year of 2018-2019 St Marys has received £19630.00 to further improve the quality of sport and PE provision.
Our vision is to create a culture that encourages all children to be active and have positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles. The impact of this funding will be measured by school and progress of pupils will be highlighted.We are also being selected as a platinum sports school due to previous effective spending.
We believe high quality physical education and school sport will contribute to a range of outcomes for our children. Not only does it equip young people with physical literacy while supporting their physical development, movement skills and body confidence, but it also contributes to their physical, mental and social well-being.
More specifically the funding has been targeted in the following ways:
- A continued improvement in the quality of teaching and learning in physical education.
- A better use of outdoor space, especially linked into forest school and outdoor activity.
- An up-to-date stock of equipment linked to SDP
- A current knowledge of all sports related developments and initiatives to enable a platinum sport award from sports UK.
- We will continue to help all pupils develop a healthy and active lifestyle through physical education lessons and extra-curricular activities.
The impact of this funding will be measured through.
Pupil perception questionnaires measuring the interest of children in different areas of the PE curriculum.
Teacher perception measuring the interest of teachers in different areas of the PE curriculum.
An improvement in the quality of teaching in Physical Education.
Attainment in all pupils being raised.